IPA Energy + Water Economics have worked on liberalised electricity markets for 20 years. We have extensive global experience in the creation and operation of wholesale and retail power markets and of the regulation of the networks on which they operate.
Our consultants have extensive electricity sector experience and most have had practical involvement in industry reform as senior managers in major utilities or as regulators and policy-makers prior to joining IPA. This powerful combination of technical knowledge and commercial experience enables IPA to deliver highly practical advice and workable solutions to our clients.
Our international electricity sector services include:
- Providing up-to-date market analysis from high-level qualitative assessments to in-depth quantitative modelling, projected market evolution and long-term price forecasting.
- Advising on mergers and acquisition and the market potential for building new power generation capacity and infrastructure including regulatory risk assessment, determining project economics and returns and transactional advisory.
- Supporting and assessing all aspects of regulation from assisting public and private sector clients understand impacts of regulatory developments through to supporting Governments and regulators to develop and implement regulatory frameworks.
- Advising Governments on appropriate privatisation strategies and their implementation, as well as advising Governments on the conditions required for attracting IPP investment and other forms of private sector finance.
- Assisting in the design and development of corporate entities within changing operational and regulatory environments.